The Psychology of Writing 1: Overcome Writer’s Block and Write With Confidence
Overcome writer’s block, cure your perfectionism, and become a more productive, more confident, more successful, happier writer than you’ve ever been before!
Save 25 percent with the coupon below!
Regular price: US$20
Use this link and sign up for 15 bucks!
Lots of courses teach you how to improve your writing skills, but nearly all of them miss a critical issue writers must master if they want to succeed: the unique mental challenges that are at play when we write.
From writer’s block and critical self-talk to distractions and time management, from feeling too close to our words in the editing process to insecurities beginning freelancers and new authors face in getting published, writing is full of emotional and psychological hurdles that can drag down our success and our happiness, no matter how skillful we are at crafting our words.
They can also stifle our ability to write and become better writers. They can riddle us with self-doubt and trick us into believing a story we tell ourselves: “My writing isn’t good enough, and it’s never going to be good enough” – when that story simply isn’t true.
Welcome to “Write-Brained 1: Overcome Writer’s Block and Write with Confidence!” – the first in a new, groundbreaking series of workshops on the psychology of writing, and the mental and emotional challenges writers face.
Taught by writing coach, bestselling author, and professional travel writer Dave Fox, this particular workshop – part one in our series – focuses on writer’s block, self-criticism, emotional overwhelm when writing, and how to write about personally difficult topics.
- What writer’s block really is, what it isn’t, and ways to overcome it.
- Why some writers are considered “gifted” and how you can become one of them.
- How to tame your “inner bully” – that gremlin in your head who whispers demoralizing things to you when you write – things you would never say to anyone else.
- Writer’s jealousy: Comparing ourselves to other writers can ignite or stifle our success, depending on what we tell ourselves.
- How to write when writing doesn’t feel good.
- How to start writing again if you’ve been in a rut.
- Writing about emotionally sensitive topics, and deciding how much about yourself to reveal.
- Writer’s overwhelm: From too many ideas and not enough time, to stories that branch off on too many tangents, to the daunting task of starting and finishing books and other large projects.
- Understanding the difference between “perfect” and “good enough,” and establishing a sane middle ground so you can get your good work out there and be more productive.
Unlike many online courses you just download and watch, this workshop is interactive. It includes hands-on journaling exercises to help you get to the root of your biggest mental challenges. In our discussion forums, you’ll be encouraged to share your thoughts and experiences with other students, to commiserate and share strategies for success – kind of like group therapy but more fun!
Dave also plans to host occasional “office hours” video sessions and live online chats where you can ask him questions and get his professional advice. He’ll help you pinpoint and overcome your biggest obstacles as a writer.
Dave teaches this course with a mix of practical advice, motivation and encouragement, and a sprinkling of tough love to get your words moving. He laces it all together with anecdotes and experiences from his life as a travel writer and bestselling author, and shares his personal journey to becoming a more confident, more productive, happier writer who tripled his hourly freelance income with one client after making one simple change in the way he approached his writing.
Get on track and write to your fullest potential!
If you’ve ever found yourself wondering why your writing wasn’t “good enough,” or worrying whether it was ever going to be “good enough;” if you’ve ever thrown secret mini-tantrums as you stared at your word processor, frustrated that your words weren’t coming out the way you wanted them to; if you’ve ever felt stuck, stalled, or anxious about what you were writing or how you were writing it; if you’ve ever wondered if writing could be easier and more fun; “Write-Brained 1” will help unravel the clogs in your brain and help you write to your fullest potential.
(And if you wrestle with challenges such as distraction, organization, time management, editing insecurities, publishing fears, and a long list of other mental challenges that nearly all writers face at one point or another, more workshops in this Writers’ Therapy series are coming soon!)
Writing doesn’t have to feel overwhelming!
Sometimes, writing is hard. That’s a reality all writers face. But it doesn’t have to be a confidence crusher. Knowing how to write to the best of your ability, how to keep growing your skills to new levels, and how to keep writing on days when you’re feeling uncertain, will make writing feel lighter and less arduous.
So join us in this fun, high-energy workshop designed to help you tame your mental writing beasts, and become the writer you deserve to be – because you’ve got stories to tell and there are readers out there who are waiting to read them!
This workshop is hosted on Udemy.com. It includes:
- More than two hours of lively video lessons, broken into segments of around five minutes each. You can watch them at your own pace, whenever you have a few free moments, and review them whenever you like. (Once you join, Udemy offers lifetime access!)
- Access to our online discussion forums. Share strategies and experiences with other students and ask Dave questions whenever you like.
- A series of journaling exercises to help you challenge your beliefs about writing and the things that hold you back.
- Coming soon: Dave’s “Office Hours” bonus videos and live online chats where he’ll answer your questions and offer pinpointed advice.
- A new-found sense of calm and motivation as you discover many of the things holding you back from being the writer you want to be are stories you tell yourself. Dave will teach you how to question these stories and reframe your thinking so you’ll write more happily and be at peace with the process!
Find Out More and Watch the First Two Lessons Free!
Want to know more? Wondering if this workshop can help you? Follow the links below for full details. You can even watch the first two five-minute lessons for free without signing up. (Lesson two is a fun, true story that will help you decide whether you should be in this course. It’s not a sales pitch! Dave really only wants people to join this workshop if it can help them … and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
This course has just been launched on Udemy.com. To get things rolling in our online discussion forums, Dave is offering special introductory discounts for a limited time. The faster you sign up, the cheaper the course will be! The full price is US$29 but join soon and you can jump in at a special discount:
Dave is dedicated to your success and he’s here to help. So sign up today and become a more productive, more confident, more successful, happier writer than you’ve ever been before!
Also: Follow these links for discounts on my other Udemy writing workshops:
- The Psychology of Writing 2: Defeat Distractions and Write More – Be a more productive writer in our hyper-distracted world! (Normal price: $20. Discount price: $15.)
- Travel Journaling: How to Write Extraordinary Travel Diaries – Write personal travel journals that capture your journeys in vivid detail … and still have time to enjoy your trip! (Normal price: $30. Discount price; $18.)
- Travel Writing: Explore the World and Publish Your Stories – Jumpstart your career as a freelance travel writer in this comprehensive course on how to write captivating travel tales. (Normal price: $65. Discount price; $35.)
- Professional Humor Writing Tricks: For Writers, Speakers, and Other Misfits – Learn how to write funny, think funny, speak funny, and be funny! $20 (Normal price: $35. Discount price: $20.)