Keynote Speech: The Joy of Culture Shock
By Dave Fox
Salt Lake City, Utah
I was invited to be the keynote speaker at last month’s Go Learn Travel Expo at the University of Utah. My 35-minute talk included:
- Thoughts on why we endure dreadfully long plane rides.
- Tales of moving to England as a child.
- Tips on how we can live our life like foreign travelers even when we’re at home.
- The craziest thing anyone has ever said to me when I told him I live in Vietnam.
- Q&A about what it’s like to live in Vietnam.
Go Learn’s executive director, Christoph Dressler, organized the event and introduced me before my keynote. Christoph told a moving story about growing up in East Germany, and why East Berliners really wanted to go beyond the Wall.
Here’s the video of the event:
This talk was sponsored by Go Learn at the University of Utah. To learn more about Go Learn’s educational travel programs, visit golearn.utah.edu.